SDS-PAGE with small proteins

Marcin via methods%40net.bio.net (by marcin.j.wozniak At manchester.ac.uk)
Mon Nov 27 05:38:56 EST 2006

Hi everybody,
I wonder if anyone knows how to separate and visualise small proteins
(4-10 kDa) on a gel. I tried gradients, high percentage gels and
Tris-tricine gels w/o any luck. When I stain with Coomassie or Ponceau
(after transfer onto 0.2 u nitrocellulose) I can see nice bands up from
10 kDa. Below that point nothing shows up! Also, I tried blotting with
specific abs w/o any success. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Cheers, Marcin