Advice on TA cloning vectors

Michael Sullivan via methods%40net.bio.net (by mlsulliv At wisc.edu)
Tue Nov 28 09:48:21 EST 2006

On Nov 27, 2006, at 8:36 PM, Jose de las Heras wrote:

> "Mauricio Realpe" <realpeqm At niaid.nih.gov> wrote in message
> news:mailman.177.1164674864.19683.methods At net.bio.net...
>> Hi. Wondering if anyone have had experience with such kind of
>> vectors and
>> could suggest to me any specific brand/product ?, stratagene ?,
>> invitrogene
>> ?, which would be more convenient for longer fragments ? (1.1 -
>> 1.5 Kbps).
>> TIA, Regards, Mauricio.
>>
>> Mauricio Realpe. VF.
>> NIH/NIAID/LID/ES
>

> I've been using pGEM-T Easy (promega) for all sorts of stuff...
> simple and
> easy.
>
> Jose

I've been pretty satisfied with this product as well (I have no
affiliation with Promega). I find I can scale the reaction back 2-
fold (5 ul final volume) to make the kit go farther.

Mike

---
Michael L. Sullivan
Plant Research Molecular Geneticist