Sequence of Plasmid P1 and R1

x x x at
Mon Oct 2 04:17:21 EST 2006

Hi Duncan,
I would have been more specific. i am looking for the information in E.coli. i have serached in Pubmed and got no results. there are lots of information about P1 phage though.

--- blackhole at wrote:

From: Duncan Clark <blackhole at>
To: methods at
Subject: Re: Sequence of Plasmid P1 and R1
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 11:40:01 +0100

Historians believe that in newspost
<mailman.1226.1159460997.20007.methods at> on Thu, 28 Sep 2006,
x x <x at> penned the following literary masterpiece:
>   Hi, I am looking for the sequences of plasmids P1 and R1. I am looking
>   for any site or paper with the complete sequence and description about
>   the parent plasmids P1 and R1. I would also like to know where to get
>   the information about parS and parB genes of plasmid P1.

I presume we are talking about E.coli plasmids or in the case of P1 -
bacteriophage P1?

Nothing in Genbank?

they go flying by.

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.
Methods mailing list
Methods at

Wallpapers, Flash e-cards, Jokes/Cartoons and a lot more...