oral glucose tolerance test

somaiyah al omari somaiyah81 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 7 09:15:27 EST 2006

dear sir,
  i am a biology student doing my B.Sc graduation research about diabetes mellitus, im doing oral glucose tolerance test experiment on normal rats to check the hypoglycemic effect of my plant extract, im giving the rat the treatment and after an hour im giving it 2gm/kg body weight glucose load and then measure blood glucose at 0,30,60,90, 120 and 180min , and i found that the level of glucose increases with time and it doesnt return to starting value which is not expected from normal rats as found in litreature, do you think its due to the oily nature of my extract, plz help me if you have an answer,
  your sincerely , Somaiyah Al omari
  thanks.