in vitro transcribing a long RNA molecule?

newsnet customer via (by customer at
Mon Oct 9 04:13:26 EST 2006

> I will be doing an experiment for making the RNA molecules with the
> size up to 8100 bp in length. Since this will be my very first
> experiment handling RNA molecule, i would like to learn if there is
> any perticular thing I need to pay extra attention to, also if there
> is any tips you would like to share with me in order to successfully
> make such long an RNA molecule. Thanks a lot!
> ZL

- use the rabbit retic in-vitro transcription system from promega.
- linearise your DNA if there is no transcription termination signal.
- add a cap and polyA tail (makes RNA more stable) if you plan to make
protein from your RNA.