PCR Design

Aawara Chowdhury methods%40net.bio.net (by aawara at FEMA-trailer.org)
Tue Oct 10 06:16:25 EST 2006

In <tkyWg.529$Mr7.4 at newsfe04.lga>,
 DK <dk at no.email.thankstospam.net> wrote:

> In article <4ovkkpFgddqjU1 at individual.net>, "Jose de las Heras" <josenet at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>although an intermediate cloning in something like pGEM-T makes things
>>easy... assuming the polymerase you're using adds Ts at high frequency.
>
> Speaking of which: What is expected % of PCR products with added Ts
> overgangs when using Taq? The question recently poped up discussing
> a particular experiment and I relized I have no idea. So, what is the
> frequency? 10%? 50%? Nearly 100%?

The propensity of Taq to create products with a single base non-templated
3' dT overhang is nil.  But close to 100% of the products will have a single
base non-templated 3' dA overhang.

AC
--
Email: echo 142322093203359315271794620168064975321554275890186P | dc