CLONING PROBLEMS-HELP

Sudheendra Rao N R via methods%40net.bio.net (by sudhee26 from gmail.com)
Mon Oct 16 05:43:24 EST 2006

hi ekta
i guess your concern is low yeild of the plasmid
I can suggest following:
   Check your transformation protocol
   Try using SOC media
   Check the plasmid purification protocol (use midi or maxi kit by QIAGEN
to get higher yeild)

some one in the group can guide me if i am wrong

sudhee.

On 10/14/06, ekta jindal <ekta_saggi24 from yahoo.com> wrote:

  I am making a construct with pEGFP vector.I am ligating 2.7Kb isert with
> the vector(4.7Kb). I am getting the positive result by insert-specific
> primers. But i am able to isolate DNA to release the fragment to confirm the
> clone. The recombinant plasmid is growing very less in LB media. What could
> be the problem.

Think before agree
Think before you nod
but STOP thinking