low molarity borate and acetate agarose gels

Pow Joshi via methods%40net.bio.net (by pow.joshi from gmail.com)
Mon Oct 23 15:41:49 EST 2006

Hi,

frankly, I had run, regularly, some TBE gels (tris borate EDTA) and
the protocol is available in the Molecular cloning book, especially
the old editions by Tom Maniatis.....
You could use 0.5X instead of 1x buffer; alternatively, you could use
low voltages.
I used to find the resolutions comparable .... although it's easy to
run TAE gels if you wish to isolate/ purify your DNA.

hope this helps

pow