Stripping

Eduardo Sánchez via methods%40net.bio.net (by es_20002003 from yahoo.es)
Thu Oct 26 06:46:10 EST 2006

Dear Dr. Robinson:

  I was looking for information on striping on the internet and found a message posted by you at: http://www.bio.net/bionet/mm/methods/1997-April/056550.html , so I tought that maybe you could help me out with a little problem I've had when stripping a PVDF membrane.

  I did the typical protocol of stripping the membrane with NaOH 0.2M for 5 minutes with a previous and posterior wash on distilled water fo 5 minutes also. The only different thing I did was to put the membrane at 4ºC for about 2 hours before doing the chemiluminiscence step.

  Afterwards I did a Ponceau red stainning for 10 minutes and found no protein signal at all. This is very strange because before the first immunoblot I also did a ponceau stainning and saw protein signal in the same portion of the membrane I was checking out this time. Is it possible that I might have lost all proteins? Is it worth to continue with the next immunoblot step?

  Thanks for your time and best regards,

Eduardo Sánchez.