An urgent question! plz help me

chovek69 via methods%40net.bio.net (by ivanoov from gmail.com)
Sun Oct 29 07:44:23 EST 2006

Hi,

I think it would be no problem to isolate DNA from theese samples.
Howeverb because of degradation of erythrocytes in the samples a lot of
hemoglobine will be presented in the solution which certainly will
inhibit PCR. As you cannot remove it by salting out procedure I suggest
a min. of 1 extraction with saturated phenol (then chloroform) and use
of glycogen as a carrier in the precipitation (for degraded DNA). In my
experience this greatly removes hemoglobin and yields readily
amplifiable DNA. Alternatively you can use any DNA extraction kit
specifically designed for blood.

Ivan