Hydroxyurea stability

Angela Alexander via methods%40net.bio.net (by udflutes from yahoo.com)
Tue Oct 31 20:15:24 EST 2006

Does anyone know how long hydroxyurea is stable when dissolved in water, and stored in aliquots at -20?  I searched google for almost an hour and its very confusing.  Lots of information about hydroxyurea as a pharmaceutical, which says to store at room temperature basically for 1 month (ugh, is that all?).  I ordered some from Sigma to do experiments with, and it says to store at 4 degrees.  I'm going to dissolve some in water and store at -20 -- or is this not a good idea?

 Thanks.

 Angela Alexander
 Graduate Student
 UT MD Anderson Cancer Center