Target sequences of DNA binding proteins by random selection

Sasha Chittka sasha.chittka at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Sep 21 09:44:35 EST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to determine the consensus DNA binding sequence for a
protein i have cloned (it is a DNA binding protein) by using a random
selection and PCR approach.  I was wondering if anyone has experience
doing this and some helpful hints or extended protocols on the
procedure.  What is the appropriate scale of the oligonucleotide
synthesis and the method of purification ?  I will be using GST or
MBP fusion proteins in this screen for in vitro binding of random
oligonucleotides.

Any information would be of help.

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards,

Sasha

Alexandra Chittka, PhD
MRC Centre for Developmenta Neurobiology
4th Floor New Hunt's House
King's College London - Guy's Campus
London Bridge
London SE1 1UL