How to ship? Nitrocellulose memb for Western

Pow Joshi via methods%40net.bio.net (by pow.joshi from gmail.com)
Fri Apr 6 11:47:22 EST 2007

On 4/5/07, AK <akhan357 from sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Hello everyone, I need to ship internationally some nitrocellulose membranes
> for Western analysis. I plan to transfer, block with milk, wash, then place
> in wet (with azide) plastic bag (sealed), ship with regular mail.  could you
> guide me with any tips or advise.  thank you.

two suggestions as far as the membrane protection goes:

first: perhaps it is better to ship the membrane alone, with the
proteins blotted on it, dried, in a plastic bag.

second: if you must block before shipping, I would just take
precautions that the membrane does not dry at any point of time.......
perhaps you can use some flat bottles as well, like the tissue culture
ones, or even a tube, depending on the size of your membrane, and fill
it with the buffer.

best
pow