How to ship? Nitrocellulose memb for Western

Tom Anderson via methods%40net.bio.net (by ucgatan from ucl.ac.uk)
Fri Apr 6 13:35:42 EST 2007

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, AK wrote:

> Hello everyone, I need to ship internationally some nitrocellulose
> membranes for Western analysis. I plan to transfer, block with milk,
> wash, then place in wet (with azide) plastic bag (sealed), ship with
> regular mail.  could you guide me with any tips or advise.

For starters, see if you can use PVDF instead. Many postal services take a
dim view of attempts to send explosives by mail.

I like Pow's idea of using a tube - less likely to break or leak, i think.

tom

--
Tom Anderson, MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology, UCL, London WC1E 6BT
(t) +44 (20) 76797264   (f) +44 (20) 76797805   (e) thomas.anderson from ucl.ac.uk