Fluorescent labeling of Oleic Acid and/or Triglycerides

Sharon Waldrop via methods%40net.bio.net (by Sharon.Waldrop from UTSouthwestern.edu)
Mon Apr 16 17:27:15 EST 2007

Hello,

I am looking for a procedure/protocol for labeling Oleic Acid and/or Triglycerides. I do not want to use a kit (too expensive). I am looking at the exocytosis utilizing TIRF microscopy and Nile Red is too bright and stains the lipid bylayer. I can look at red and green florescence with the TIRF microscope. Thank you for your help.

Shar Waldrop
Senior Research Associate
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Ctr
Department of Internal Medicine
Division of GastroIntestinal - MC1951
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, Texas  75390-1951