RNA cleanup kit

lowenbrau via methods%40net.bio.net (by customer from newsnet.com)
Thu Apr 19 07:38:46 EST 2007

"StewJW" <stewjw from gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1176980294.617575.221910 from b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
I thought initially there may also have been a subtle difference in
the linker used on the column matrices but I looked at Invitrogen's
PureLinkT Micro-to-Midi spin cartridge RNA purification kit and they
have a protocol for removing DNA from the sample while it is loaded on
the spin cartridge by using DNAse I. Interestingly, their PureLinkT
miRNA Isolation Kit for isolation of small RNA molecules for RNAi
studies uses two consecutive spin column purification steps. So yes
its looks like its just the makeup of the loading, washing and elution
buffers which makes all the difference and is a closely guarded
commercial secret.

I guess I have to get a RNA cleanup kit as the DNA cleanup kit wont do.