PEG Absorbance

Duncan Clark via methods%40net.bio.net (by blackhole from abuse.plus.com)
Fri Apr 20 11:42:29 EST 2007

Historians believe that in newspost <IK4Wh.853$lq2.439 from newsfe04.lga> on
Fri, 20 Apr 2007, DK <dk from no.email.thankstospam.net> penned the following
literary masterpiece:
> What did you
>use PEG for?

PEG + NaCl is quite a common method for inexpensively cleaning up a PCR
reaction. It will ppt. the amplified DNA whilst leaving behind primers,
dNTPs and DNA polymerase.

Possibly published by Wayne Barnes in his Klentaq fidelity paper in I
think Gene around 1991-1993. Makes me feel old writing that as I
remember reading it then.

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark