Blocking buffer for Infrared Fluorescence Detection in Westerns?

Fri Apr 27 06:09:13 EST 2007

Dear Experts,

I wonder if anyone has tried to use common blocking buffers / blocking
reagents (BSA, gelatin, synthetical stuff) together with LiCor's
Odyssey system, or other, comparable machines that make use of
infrared fluorescence in the range of 600 to 800nm?

Would I get problems (that means increased background) with standard
BSA (0.5%, together with TX100 as detergent) on PVDF?

Just curious,

Wo