How to identify lanes on large agarose gels?

Peter Frank via methods%40net.bio.net (by peter_frankde from yahoo.de)
Mon Aug 6 17:11:23 EST 2007

Michael Sullivan <mlsulliv from wisc.edu> wrote:

>Why not include something bigger in size than you expect for your PCR
>products in every lane, e.g. linerarized plasmid.

Yes, that would probably work. Do you think that would impair the
samples somehow? If yes, how about adding that plasmid  into each well
shortly before I stop the gel run so that the linearized plasmid would
only run by itself and only a small distance into the gel?

Peter