His Tag antibody

WANG XF via methods%40net.bio.net (by wxfbmn from 163.com)
Sat Aug 18 10:16:01 EST 2007

Hello! Recently we meet a question about western blotting with antibody
against His Tag.

First we insert the gene of interest into the MCS of pSecTag2 B in frame and
then transfect HepG2 or 3T3 cells. When detecting the protein expression of
our protein by using the mAB against His tag many bands were found. And then
we carried out immunostaing of the transfected cells with His antibody-FITC,
and it is suprised to find that green fluorescence was observed in both the
transfected and the control cells.

Why? Could anyone give some suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Lao WANG