Transgenic mice vector construct

rosaak via methods%40net.bio.net (by rosaak from gmail.com)
Tue Dec 4 04:57:55 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have constructed a vector consting cDNA for making transgenic mice.
The backbone is pCI contining CMV promoter.For microinjections i need
to linearise the vector., and there are no suitable sites for it.

My doubt is that can i use a set of primers to pcr amplify CMVpromoter-
cDNA-polyA region from the construct and use it for microinjection.
[i'll be using a highfidility enzyme for pcr.]

Is it techically ok to do this.If so how will i purfy it ?

Please reply

regards,

RP