Looking for the optimal Cell Lysis Buffer

Lahti via methods%40net.bio.net (by laht0028 from umn.edu)
Mon Dec 10 13:12:44 EST 2007

I am looking for a cell lysis buffer that will help me solubilize a lysosmal
cathepsin.  I am currently finding the Cathepsin in my cell lysate samples
as well as my cell pellet.  The cathepsin may be membrane associated (with
the plasma membrane or other cellular membranes).  What are detergents
and/or buffers that might best aid me in removing a cathepsin from my
cellular debris?

Lahti