western blot

Pow Joshi via methods%40net.bio.net (by pow.joshi from gmail.com)
Tue Dec 18 13:59:40 EST 2007

On 18/12/2007, valeria <valeriarix from libero.it> wrote:

> I forgot to put the DTT in western blot samples
> i can't have another go
> the western blot is it destroy or can I use it?
> thanks
> valeria

you can still interpret the data depending on the locations of your -s-s-
linkages in the protein. DTT or 2-ME are reducing agents that break th -s-s-
bons to form -SH bonds. For eg: if you have antibody sample, the reduced Ab
runs as two bands of ~55kDa and 25kDa while the non-reduced sample will run
at ~150 kDa.

Hope that helps
Pow