Protein + alkali = ?

WS via methods%40net.bio.net (by novalidaddress At nurfuerspam.de)
Fri Feb 2 07:04:29 EST 2007

Dear Dima, dear Pow,

thanks for your suggestions.

Could incomplete unfolding happen with the complete population of that
protein? I'll try SAP to dephosphorylate proteins on the membrane, as
currently there are lots of Pase inhibitors in our lysis buffers, so
phosphates really would stay at the protein, but can it be that the
protein is 100% phosphorylated at a certain position?) and, if that
does not point me towards a solution, then I'll try to inhibit
glycosylation with tunicamycin (10ug/ml medium for 1-2 days). Also
lysing some samples without phosphatase inhibitors might be worth a
try.

Best regards,

Wo