microbial prevention

Jose de las Heras via methods%40net.bio.net (by josenet At tiscali.co.uk)
Mon Feb 5 18:48:55 EST 2007

<minici.claudia At hsr.it> wrote in message
news:mailman.1067.1170698838.19683.methods At net.bio.net...

> Almost all laboratories have an incubator with water on the bottom. I
> am wondering what chemicals are better suited to prevent growth of
> bacteria, yeast, fungi, etc in it without damaging cells. Thanks!
>
> Claudia

we don't put anything in the water.

make sure the incubator is clean to start with, go through a sterilising
cycle too, and then use sterile distilled water. Change it every other week
or so, and you should be fine as long as you are a little careful. Still,
keep an eye on it, and from time to time clean the whole thing and sterilise
again. That's what we've done for years without a problem.

Jose