RT-PCR problem

Duncan Clark via methods%40net.bio.net (by blackhole At abuse.plus.com)
Tue Feb 6 05:59:17 EST 2007

Historians believe that in newspost
<mailman.1039.1170432668.19683.methods At net.bio.net> on Fri, 2 Feb 2007,
Cuifeng Yin <cuifeng At gmail.com> penned the following literary
masterpiece:
>Anybody has any idea why this happened? Since I need to express the
>gene in E. coli, I can not use the product from Taq, which tend to
>give many mutations.

We tend to use Phusion nowadays in place of Pfu. Doesn't 'go for' the
primers as much as Pfu so tends to be easier to get working - in fact it
is very rare for Phusion PCRs to ever need playing with.

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.