Chris Kafer :Plasmid incompatibility and BL21(DE3)

marlis eisenkolb via methods%40net.bio.net (by marlis.e At gmx.at)
Thu Feb 8 09:05:40 EST 2007

Hi Chris or anyone who has an answer!

We have the same problems with transforming BL21(DE3) with an pSC101 ori.  As your request is from 1998 -- i hope you solved this problem and can give me an explanation .... !!?

I would be glad to hear from you!
Thanks for every helping idea!

greetings from Tyrol/Austria

Marlis

you wrote:

Hi.  We are having a devil of a time transforming a plasmid into BL21(DE3)
(The competent cells were purchased from Stratagene and the appropriate
controls done).  The plasmid goes into DH5alpha w/o problem.

The only thing we can think of is that maybe the origin of replication,
psc101, is incompatible for some reason, though I've not found any references.
  Anybody out there have any insights?  If so,  please share as this is quite
frustrating!

Thanks in advance!

--
Marlis Eisenkolb