3T3-L1 preadipocytes

S.Lahham from med.umcg.nl via methods%40net.bio.net (by S.Lahham from med.umcg.nl)
Tue Feb 13 16:50:23 EST 2007

Dear scientists:
Im working with 3T3-L1 mouse preadipocyte cell line. I have 2 questions and I hope that you  can help me:
First Im looking for a positive control (marker) that can show that 3T3-L1 cells are functional adipocytes. I hope that one of you have experience with this cell line.
Second Im facing sometimes some problems with inducing differentiation of these cells. Sometimes they detach from the surface of the wells. So I hope somebody can answer these necessary questions.
Thank you.
Regards:
Saed