Pipetting, contamination....

ubwasp66 via methods%40net.bio.net (by ubwasp66 from peoplepc.com)
Fri Feb 16 18:00:35 EST 2007

Gaelle,

You should use barrier-like tips (filter tips) (check the Gilson website for specs).

Also, you should have a dedicated set of pipettes and tip racks (preferably located in separate room from your "nucleic acid" room or inside a dedicated "clean" PCR workstation) to set up PCR reactions.

Not sure if this answers your question but hope that helps,

Teresa