Purifying PCR product from 2% agarose gel

chovek69 via methods%40net.bio.net (by ivanoov from gmail.com)
Wed Feb 21 03:34:11 EST 2007

On Feb 18, 3:46 pm, "hilary cassidy" <cass... from gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been trying to purify my PCR product from a 2% agarose gel all
> week now as it needs to be purified prior to Topo cloning. I've used
> both the QIAEX II Gel Purification kit by Qiagen and the Illustra DNA
> and Gel Band Purification Kit by GE Healthcare. Each time I have
> strong bands on the gel prior to cutting the bands, but everytime I
> purify and run the DNA on a gel to check there is nothing!!!
>
> Can anyone help?
> Thanks
> Hilary

Hi,
For purifying DNA from even 3% agarose gels I use a kit from Fermentas
based on NaI and silica. I've never had a problem with it and the
yield is quite amazing. There is a special isolation buffer from
agarose slices in TBE that according to the manual is harder.