Protein precipitation from DNA samples

Pow Joshi via methods%40net.bio.net (by pow.joshi At gmail.com)
Mon Jan 8 15:28:47 EST 2007

On 1/7/07, Dr. Amir H. Shemirani <amir At dote.hu> wrote:
> Hi,
> I prepared DNA samples from paraffin embeded tissues by a Roche kit.
> It has a high protein concentration and I cannot use my samples for
> PCR.Please help.

would re-precipitation help, I wonder.
If your tissue is fixed in something like paraformaldehyde or
formaldehyde, there is extensive crossliking of proteins and DNA/RNA
as well, which would make all procedures difficult.....

pow