Concentrating protein lysates

AK via methods%40net.bio.net (by akhan357 from sbcglobal.net)
Mon Jul 2 15:28:02 EST 2007

Angela, you might want to try ultrafiltration. Amicon (now i think part of
millipore) should have many choices.  basically, you start with lets say 2ml
of ur lysate and can concentrate down to 50ul in relatively short time. this
is centrifugation based so no problem with temp. these units will come in
mol.wt cut offs, which means u choose one which will not let your protein of
interest pass through the membrane.

Also, what I have done in past (it is cheating i know!) is to let the sample
compact in stacking gel, then load again. the second load will catch up to
the first with sharp bands. this require u make ur stacking get just a bit
longer.

hth, good luck
AK

news:mailman.165.1183398400.11350.methods from net.bio.net...