DNA quality for sequencing?

Duncan Clark via methods%40net.bio.net (by blackhole from abuse.plus.com)
Mon Jul 9 05:13:06 EST 2007

Historians believe that in newspost
<mailman.227.1183934106.11350.methods from net.bio.net> on Sun, 8 Jul 2007,
TRAN HO QUANG <quangtranho from yahoo.com> penned the following literary
masterpiece:
>I want to know the quality and quantity of DNA sample need for sequencing experiment.

Depends upon the sequencing kit (or not) that you are using plus the
size of plasmid/pcr product you are sequencing. The kit manual will say
and you should be able to find that online from the supplier

>Do you isolate DNA for this by kit (fast prep method) or by CTAB protocol?

It needs to be clean DNA and umpteen methods available. Most kits
recommend a plasmid purification kit.

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark