Running range of bromophenolblue and xylene cyanol?

Tue Jul 17 14:34:57 EST 2007

Depends on agarose percentage.  But generally, BPB - 300bp and XC - 3-4
kb.
Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu
[mailto:methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of Peter Frank
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 1:59 PM
To: methods from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: Running range of bromophenolblue and xylene cyanol?

Hi,

The loading buffer for my DNA sample contains the dyes bromophenolblue
and xylene cyanol. Can anyone tell me in what bp (base pair) range these
dyes run in agarose gels for DNA analysis (i.e. DNA fragments of what
size would run along with the bromophenolblue front or the xylene cyanol
front)?

Regards,
Peter