HUH7 cells maintainance

Dr Engelbert Buxbaum via (by engelbert_buxbaum from
Fri Jun 1 12:42:17 EST 2007

Am 31.05.2007, 10:52 Uhr, schrieb helena de souza pereira
<helena from>:

> I have a very big problem with maintaining Huh7 human hepatocarcinoma
> cell line, I use DMEN (without sodium pyruvate) as medium with 1X Pen-Str
> and 10% Foetal Calf (Hyclone)serum... I trypsinize them and afterwards
> they are in apoptosis process.

You do not need trypsin, EDTA alone works quite nicely with most cell
lines and does not degrade their membrane proteins. Also check sites like
ATCC and ETCC for their recommendations.