Strong contamination with ethidium bromide

Undergrad via (by sylvain.bauer from
Mon Jun 4 17:05:52 EST 2007

Since 3 weeks I am using Ethidium bromide without taking much more care of
it.  Everyday I used it and I notice that few drops of the stock solution
were throw on my finger each time I opened the tube. I never washed
afterwards. I estimated that I have done it at least 10 times. I just read
how toxic is ethidium bromide and now I am very scared about had
contaminated myself. Some people says that ethidium bromide fear is paranoia
but if not what should I do? Book a place in a graveyard ?

Sent from the - Methods mailing list archive at