Strong contamination with ethidium bromide

Analía via methods%40net.bio.net (by analia_alet from intech.gov.ar)
Wed Jun 6 09:28:44 EST 2007

Hi, first of all i would advise you to not get into panic (please forgive me
my gramatics, english is not my first language).
After that you should start cleaning whatever you have been touching. Here
we take away EtBr contaminations with Chlorine, the one you by in the
supermarket. For your finger, well, just wash it very but very well. And
please, in the future wear gloves!! For everything you do in the lab you
should wear gloves and something to protect your clothes (i don´t remember
the word)
I also think it's to soon for you to book a place in a graveyard....
Best regards

Analía

Undergrad wrote:

> Since 3 weeks I am using Ethidium bromide without taking much more care of
> it.  Everyday I used it and I notice that few drops of the stock solution
> were throw on my finger each time I opened the tube. I never washed
> afterwards. I estimated that I have done it at least 10 times. I just read
> how toxic is ethidium bromide and now I am very scared about had
> contaminated myself. Some people says that ethidium bromide fear is
> paranoia but if not what should I do? Book a place in a graveyard ?

:-/:-/:-/