RE to Jim 3975 - Strong contamination with ethidium bromide

Duncan Clark via methods%40net.bio.net (by blackhole from abuse.plus.com)
Sat Jun 9 06:49:27 EST 2007

Historians believe that in newspost
<466a76df$0$25474$9a622dc7 from news.kpnplanet.nl> on Sat, 9 Jun 2007, Jim
3975 <jim3975 from nospamTRTnet.nl> penned the following literary
masterpiece:
>BTW, it is funny that there do not seem to be reports of studies of the
>effect of EtBr on animals. After all, strong mutagens can be helpful in
>cancer studies.

In the Merck Index..

Bitter dark tasting crystals.
Therapeutic Cat (Vet): Antiprotozoal (Trypanosoma)

It lists under mutagenicity studies:

Mutation Research Vol 48, p 103, (1977).
Environ. Mutagen Vol 3, p11 (9181)

Not looked them up so no idea what they say.

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.