RE to Jim 3975 - Strong contamination with ethidium bromide

Duncan Clark via methods%40net.bio.net (by blackhole from abuse.plus.com)
Sat Jun 9 06:41:18 EST 2007

Historians believe that in newspost <Gvnai.32$%x7.4 from newsfe05.lga> on
Sat, 9 Jun 2007, DK <dk from no.email.thankstospam.net> penned the following
literary masterpiece:
>>Don't stress
>>yourselves with EtBr/gloves etc. In my experience most contaminations
>>happened when people wore gloves....
>
>Exactly!

The problem with users and gloves is that they get very blase about
having protected themselves from the spillage they have just had. They
then go and touch draw handles, door handles etc. with contaminated
gloves, without thinking, so the rest of us get caught out.

I wear gloves for acrylamide and making up stocks of EtBr or real
nasties. After 30 years in a lab, despite handling EtBr gels without
gloves,  I am still live and licking with two 'normal' daughters one of
whom got her finals result yesterday with a 2.1.

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.