How to get a single stranded DNA as long as 2-3kb?

Nick Theodorakis via methods%40net.bio.net (by nick_theodorakis from hotmail.com)
Mon Jun 11 14:40:59 EST 2007

WANG XF wrote:
> Hi, everyone!
>
> I have a plasmid containing a 3kb fragment, and now want to prepare a
> single
> stranded DNA as long as 2-3kb. Could anyone give a good suggestions with a
> simple method? Or you can provide a reference.
>
> Thank you so much !
>
> WANG XF

If it's in Bluescript or a similar vector with an f1 origin you can
recover single stranded phagemids after infection of a suitable host
with a helper virus. See the manual for details:

<http://www.stratagene.com/manuals/212205.pdf>

Nick

--
Nick Theodorakis