cDNA Synthesis

peter via methods%40net.bio.net (by peter.ianakiev from gmail.com)
Mon Jun 11 13:01:37 EST 2007

On Jun 11, 12:19 pm, "Yvonne Couch" <yvonne.co... from dpag.ox.ac.uk>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a PCR novice and am looking for a cDNA synthesis kit but they all seem
> to do so many at so many different prices.  I want a first strand synthesis
> kit with OligodT and random hexamer primers.  The one we have is around £200
> for 200 rxn from Applied Biosystems.  Anyone know of anything cheaper?
>
> Thanks
>
> Yvonne

Don't buy kits.... buy the reagents separately if you plan to do a lot
of experiments. As for the cDNA synthesis Superscript (Invitrogen) is
the gold standard ....