cDNA Synthesis (Jose de las Heras)

Analia Alet via (by analia_alet from
Tue Jun 12 11:41:31 EST 2007

I used to made cDNA synthesis with SperScript III from Invitrogen (cat. no.
18080-051). I don´t know if it's the same for SuperScript II, but in the III
you have two eppendorfs, one for oligodT primers and another for random
hexamers. It worked well for me.

Best regards

As Peter said, don't buy kits. I also use SuperscriptII from Invitrogen.
The oligo(dT) I just order from my favourite oligo synthesis company... save
you a fortune.
Random hexamers you can buy from different sources, but I wouldn't be
surprised if you couldn't get them cheaper also by ordering directly with
your oligo company. Worth checking...

"Yvonne Couch" <yvonne.couch from> wrote in message
news:mailman.1444.1181583872.5139.methods from
Hi all,

I'm a PCR novice and am looking for a cDNA synthesis kit but they all seem
to do so many at so many different prices.  I want a first strand synthesis
kit with OligodT and random hexamer primers.  The one we have is around £200
for 200 rxn from Applied Biosystems.  Anyone know of anything cheaper?