A clue about ethidium toxicity

Undergrad via methods%40net.bio.net (by sylvain.bauer from laposte.net)
Mon Jun 18 12:54:39 EST 2007

I made an error in the precedent message, the proportion of homidium
appearing consequently of isometamidium is still unknow. "less than 1%"
(which seems to be 0.25%) correspond to the usual homidium contamination of
isometamidium stock solution.

However I found an other
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WPT-4GWBF55-9&_user=5388502&_coverDate=10%2F31%2F2005&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000029838&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=5388502&md5=023ceede3cf226fbcb9e3ab765697fe9#SECX3
interesting data   where toxicologist tried to establish a general ADI for
unknow chemical.
In that paper they establish 3 groups :
(1) compounds that are likely to be carcinogenic,
(2) compounds that are likely to be potent or highly toxic
(3) compounds that are not likely to be potent, highly toxic or
carcinogenic.

Each group have an attribuated ADI:
1 microgramme a day for the first group;
10 microgramme a day for the second group
100 microgramme a day for the last one.

They make a strong like between carcinogenic potential and genotoxicity: if
the product is a weak genotoxic it should also be a "weak" carcigenic. I
guess that we could put etbr somewhere between the two first group.

But this scale does not seems so reasonable when we look at carcinogene like
aflatoxin B1.... If anybody have a clue about that...

By the way tom, if your stock solution is 10mg/ml 1microliters is 10
microgrammes!