Frozen/Freezing Cells

Yvonne Couch via methods%40net.bio.net (by yvonne.couch from dpag.ox.ac.uk)
Thu Jun 21 08:34:25 EST 2007

I froze some cells yesterday in one of those little portable freezing things
in cell freezing medium and to keep it cool while clearing the hood out I
put it in the -20.  I then COMPLETELY forgot to take the cells through to
the -80 and was told about it today.  The person who told me said the cells
will almost definitely be dead.  Any different opinions or should I just
chuck them because there were about 9 vials and I don't want to waste them
if I don't have to!

Cheers

Yvonne