Circularization of small DNA fragments

ChenHA via methods%40net.bio.net (by hzhen from freeuk.com)
Thu Jun 28 22:14:27 EST 2007

peter wrote:
> On Jun 27, 11:56 pm, "Carly Smith" <carly.sm... from anu.edu.au> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Does anyone know what the size limitations of circularizing DNA are? Is it
>> possible to circularize a fragment of 140bp?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Carly
>
> Should not be a problem, I have made ssDNA circles of 50 bases in the
> past using bridge oligo.
> Peter

dsDNA is stiffer than ssDNA, so I'm not sure how relevant that is.  But
it seems possible to circularise fragment smaller than 140bp, something
I came across (look in the paper for the further reference) -

http://www.pnas.org/cgi/reprint/102/10/3645?ijkey=ab077ab26d2983974c52fdf9453cd9e047afc267