How does reverse transcriptase work

Zhong Silin via methods%40net.bio.net (by stxsz1 from nottingham.ac.uk)
Sat Jun 30 05:15:36 EST 2007

It is possible to uv crosslink a RNA binding protein to a mRNA without
damaging it and use a MMLV to perform a primer extension mapping to
locate the binding site (use a end labeled oligo and run the product on
a sequence gel) ?

We firstly try it without UV crosslink and it seems the superscript III
just read through the mRNA without being paused by the protein (that's
why I want to somehow crosslink the protein to the mRNA).

I don't know how reverse transcriptase work its way up the RNA strand.
Could it displace the RNA binding protein?

steven