IPTG induction in non E.coli strains

Duncan Clark via methods%40net.bio.net (by blackhole from abuse.plus.com)
Mon Mar 5 07:18:59 EST 2007

Historians believe that in newspost
<mailman.194.1172878362.5139.methods from net.bio.net> on Fri, 2 Mar 2007,
Francesca <fradice from gmail.com> penned the following literary masterpiece:
>IPTG binds to lac repressor coded from lacI, but pUC18 doesn't carry any lacI gene, so I suppose that lacI is coded from the host strains. Does it?

Yes. On an F'.

>I've a plasmid, based on pUC18, and trying expression in a strain of Pseudomonas. IPTG induction doesn't work. Could it be because it lacks of
>lacI genes in its chromosome?

Never worked with Pseudomonas but several potential problems.

Will a Pseudomonas lacI bind to an E.coli lac operator and if so will
IPTG work in that system.

Will IPTG even get into Pseudomonas?

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=2276080

I take it you have searched Pubmed for any previous papers?

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.