[western blotting] SynGene GeneGnome system vs G-BOX

Pow Joshi via methods%40net.bio.net (by pow.joshi from gmail.com)
Mon Mar 5 13:02:05 EST 2007

On 4 Mar 2007 16:16:21 -0800, Lechu <lech_kaczmarczyk from yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could anyone recommend a system for chemiluminescence documentation?
>
> Syngene GeneGnome /or G-BOX  system? Or maybe some other? The priority
> is reliable, reproducible Western Blots readouts (chemi). Does any
> system dedicated for both, chemi and fluor (like Syngene's G-BOX)
> offers sensitivity comparable to only-chemi systems (like GeneGnome)?
>
> Both GeneGnome (dedicated only for chemi) and G-BOX (chemi + fluor)
> have similar pricing and parameters (16 bit camera, cooling, 1.4
> MegaPix, etc.), so I would go for the more versatile one (G-BOX). Can
> the users of these system(s) comment on that?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> best, Lech

I once had an opportunity to look at  "licor Oddyssy" machine. I think
it does dot slots rather easily, and supposed to do westerns as well
as "immunohistochemistry stainings" ...... the only issue is that it
uses infrared lasers to detect the signals, and ergo, one requires to
have their specified IR dye secondaries....ergo, it is very different
from the chemi/fluo readouts......
 you could have more info from their website I guess, if you'd be
interested: http://www.licor.com/bio/Odyssey2/OdysseyTour_1.jsp

best
pow