cDNA precipitation without coprecipitation of primers

Simone Marker via methods%40net.bio.net (by marker from rhrk.uni-kl.de)
Mon Mar 5 05:21:20 EST 2007

Hi,

I need to remove a 47bp primer from an RT reaction, i.e. I want to
precipitate the synthesised cDNA without the coprecipitation of the primer.
The easiest way would be the purification by spin coulmn, but the amount of
my cDNA is very low, so that I'm afraid to lose the cDNA on the column. Does
anyone know about precipitation conditions (isoprop/ethanol,different salts)
that eclude the coprecipitation of smaller nucleic acid fragments? (my cDNA
is at least one kb)

and in general: does anyone know if cDNA requires different precipitation
conditions than genomic DNA or RNA?