PCR from blood clot

chovek69 via methods%40net.bio.net (by ivanoov from gmail.com)
Thu Mar 8 08:18:32 EST 2007

On Mar 7, 10:25 pm, Manuel Fernando Ariza Botero
<mfari... from unal.edu.co> wrote:
> Has anybody done PCR from a mammal blood clot. Is there a chance to recover white cells as DNA source from that mess?
> answers most welcome!!
> Fernando

Yes it is achievable with very good yields actually. There is one
protocol which I have tried but can't find it right now. I will post
it later. Here are some others that surely will do the job. What type
of DNA do you want to detect - mammal or microbial ?