PCR from blood clot

chovek69 via methods%40net.bio.net (by ivanoov from gmail.com)
Thu Mar 8 08:18:32 EST 2007

On Mar 7, 10:25 pm, Manuel Fernando Ariza Botero
<mfari... from unal.edu.co> wrote:
> Has anybody done PCR from a mammal blood clot. Is there a chance to recover white cells as DNA source from that mess?
> answers most welcome!!
>
> Fernando

Yes it is achievable with very good yields actually. There is one
protocol which I have tried but can't find it right now. I will post
it later. Here are some others that surely will do the job. What type
of DNA do you want to detect - mammal or microbial ?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8431280&dopt=Citation
http://www.clinchem.org/cgi/reprint/44/8/1748
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/bsc/jvh/2000/00000007/00000003/art00011

Ivan